Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] need help

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 13:54:46 +0200

Hi,

That's what 802.1X certificates can do for you.

Simplified model:

1) setup radius server (Freeradius)
2) setup a CA (XCA)
3) issue client certificates for the hardware addresses
4) let the legit user install the certs
5) setup your NAS for use of Radius

Thanks,
Jaap

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:16:46 +0200, Márton Natkó <marton.natko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

I am the administrator of my dormitory and i need some help. We have a dhcp server with hardware-address authentication. Some of our users have a stupid hobby. They steal other users hardware-address using whireshark. Can you give any help how can i disable this activity on my network?
Thanks for any aid.
Marton Natko