Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] u3 not installing winpcap

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:30:49 -0400
It looks like it was a bug (that woudl have affected both U3 and PortableApps). It is hopefully fixed in revision 33921 (of the 1.5 trunk). You should be able to pick up an automated build:

http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/

in a couple of hours and give it a try.

Phillip Pi wrote:
Wow, U3 too? Portable version has the same problem and I mentioned it a few days ago. The question was this by design for a reason (legal issues?) or a bug?