Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] dumpcap -f question [Re: Can I get Wireshark to capture co

From: Phil Paradis <Phil.Paradis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:52:07 -0700
On Aug 24, 2010, at 7:52 PM, Gregorio Tomas Focaccio wrote:

> I ran dumpcap -D to get: 1. eth0 2. wlan0 3. tap0 4. br0 5. eth1 6. usbmon1 (USB bus number 1) [etc.]  So, here is what I hope the command: dumpcap -b files:5 -i 4 -c 16500 -w 915PBLbr0

You should be able to put the interface name directly into the command line, e.g.

dumpcap -i br0 ...

instead of

dumpcap -i 4 ...

> 2. Captures 16,500 packets (for an individual capture file size less than 25M assuming 1500 byte MTU) in each file

-c will cause the capture to terminate when the limit is reached; it will not roll over to the next file. If you want to restrict the size of each file to 25MB, use '-b filesize:25600' instead.