Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark time behind the actual time

From: Phil Paradis <Phil.Paradis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:14:23 -0700
FiddlerCap probably just uses the system clock to generate time stamps, rather than the more precise KeQueryPerformanceCounter that WinPcap uses by default. If you can live with the 10-15ms precision of the system clock in Wireshark, you can always change the TimestampMode value in the registry.

As for the 20 second discrepancy when starting a Wireshark capture, it's possible the driver has already been running for quite some time when the capture began. Try stopping the NPF driver and then starting a capture, and see if the 20 second delay disappears.

--
Phillip Paradis / Network Engineer / United Tote
Phone +1 502 509 7445 / Email phillip.paradis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx