Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark time behind the actual time

From: Gary Chaulklin <garychaulklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:43:10 -0700 (PDT)
I am running a Microsoft tool called FiddlerCap and it does not have any time issues throughout the users session, while Wireshark starts out 20 seconds slow and gets slower as the traces progress.  The user is performing tasks and recording a timeline to the second using the PC's clock.  The PC's clock may not be the issue, maybe the issue is delayed writing of packets???

The user is running another trace of JAVA activity as well so maybe we are running out of cycles.  But that doesn't seem to explain why the timings in the FiddlerCap trace continue to have accurate times.