Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark time behind the actual time

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:02:10 -0700
It's a WinPcap specific setting.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NPF\TimestampMode

Possible values are
0 (default) -> Timestamps generated through KeQueryPerformanceCounter, less reliable on SMP/HyperThreading machines, precision = some microseconds 2 -> Timestamps generated through KeQuerySystemTime, more reliable on SMP/HyperThreading machines, precision = scheduling quantum (10/15 ms) 3 -> Timestamps generated through the i386 instruction RDTSC, less reliable on SMP/HyperThreading/SpeedStep machines, precision = some microseconds

After you change the setting (you want use 2), you need to restart the NPF driver by opening an elevated command prompt and running "net stop npf" followed by "net start npf".

Have a nice day
GV