Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I can't sniff my LAN

From: Kok-Yong Tan <ktan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:05:02 -0400
Port mirroring only applies to a switch. And not all switches (especially the cheaper, unmanaged ones) can handle port mirroring.  All traffic in a hub is available to all ports.  You've got to figure out what you've got.  And that link is in Brazilian Portuguese only--maybe a fellow Brazilian or Portuguese-speaking subscriber to this list might be able to tell us what it says.