Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] network monitor 3.3 traces cannot be read

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:37:14 -0700
(If you get mailing list mail as a digest, when replying to that mail, please either somehow arrange that your mailer split the digest up, if it supports that, or split it up yourself, or change the subject line of your reply, so the subject line of your reply is that of the individual message, not the digest.)

On Jul 20, 2010, at 6:23 AM, noah davids wrote:

> I just downloaded and install "Version 1.5.0-SVN-33559 (SVN Rev 33559 from
> /trunk)" but I still cannot read the trace, there is no change in behavior.

That's because the first build with the fix would be Version 1.5.0-SVN-33572, as the Subversion revision in which the fix was checked in was revision 33572, so the build you downloaded and installed didn't have the fix.

As of right now (about 10:30 Pacific Daylight Time), "the latest build from the buildbot" is revision 33582 for 32-bit Windows, 33593 for 64-bit Windows, 33590 for the source tarball, 33594 for 32-bit PowerPC OS X (Leopard and later), 33595 for 32-bit Intel OS X (Leopard and later), and 33595 for 64-bit Intel OS X (Snow Leopard).  The buildbots have different amounts of work to do, and run at different speeds, and thus finish building at different times.  All of those versions have not only the fix in revision 33572, but some other fixes to handle NetMon format.