Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to identify encrypted packets?

From: Honia A <honia2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:19:11 -0400
Hi all,

I am new to Wireshark and have a CentOS server which is supposed to only accept encrypted network packets (HMAC-SHA-256).

To verify that the packets are in fact encrypted, I installed Wireshark on my Windows machine and the way I use it, is on collect packets from the CentOS server by running this command on the machine: tethereal -i eth1 -w ~/mycapture.pcap

Then, I move the .pcap file to the Windows box via WinSCP and then open the file which automatically opens up Wireshark.

My question is how can I find out if the captured packets are encrypted?

I'd appreciate if some one could please help me with this.

Thanks,