Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] network monitor 3.3 traces cannot be read

From: "noah davids" <ndav1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:02:01 -0700
I just tried to read a trace created with Microsoft Network Monitor version 3.3 using Wireshark version 1.4. All the frames have a Protocol of UNKNOWN and Info of "WTAP_ENCAP = 0". The first two frames appear to be Unicode text but starting with frame 3 the hex dump shows it to be an IP packet.

"Decode As" is grayed out so I can't even force a decode. Any idea how I can read this trace?

Noah Davids
Serendipity is a function of bandwidth

If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail it would be nice if you deleted it and notified me that you received it incorrectly. On the other hand, E-mail in an insecure mechanism; nothing in this E-mail can be considered confidential. I have no doubts that copies of this E-mail have been archived by my ISP, your ISP and probably the FBI, CIA and NSA. I suspect that Interpol, MI-6, SVR (think KGB) and MSS (Chinese) will have copies shortly, the NSIS (Kenya) will have it by the end of the week.