Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark beginner

From: "Tony Gibbs" <tony_gibbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:48:22 +0100
Hi Ari,

I knew a bit about TCP/IP but did not know the best way last year to do
packet tracing with Wireshark for my work.

So I bought a copy of Chris Sanders' very readable book "Practical Packet
Analysis: Using Wireshark to solve Real-world Network Problems."
	- It does what it says on the tin.

It talks about where to put hubs or port spoofing in order to get the
packets you want to see, and why you might not be able to see them, and how
to use the filter functions and conversation functions in Wireshark to find
the packets you want.

I highly recommend it as a very useful book.
	- It is mentioned on the Wireshark book page (see
http://www.wireshark.org/bibliography.html ) just below Laura Chappell's
book.

I hope that this is useful.

Kind Regards,