Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] newbie question about https

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:01:12 -0700
Dear all,
        I am a relative newbie with wireshark and am going through some tutorials. I ran a capture on a site with https:// and was testing for sqli on it with an automated open-source tool. When I look at the capture, I do not seem to be able to decode the data.

My goal is to see the actual html returned as a result of the testing.

Steps I followed: 1) started wireshark 2) opened up site in browser 3) started testing tool.

Can someone please point me to a tutorial which deals with analyzing https streams. I looked up some tutrials but they assume that you have the servers private key, which I cannot get.

Thanks.