Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to handle big files in wireshark

From: Hansang Bae <for_list_hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:28:17 -0400
On 7/9/2010 3:46 PM, Maverick wrote:
Dear All,

I have huge pcap files in Gbs which I want to analyze using wireshark but wireshark is extremely slow and crashes while opening those files. I tried breaking those files into smaller files but thats not very good solution as I have to open up each file and sometime relationship between files gets lost.

Is there a decent way to handle huge files in wireshark .

Mak,
If you're dealing with multi gigabit size files, you should really check out Cace's Pilot. It works in conjunction with Wireshark and it will quickly help you zoom in to a potential problem area. It will open gigabyte files in 10-20 seconds...

hsb