Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Very strange SSH probe

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:14:23 +1000
This would seem to be just a variant of a common-variety kiddie-script. Everyone that has an ssh server on the net will be seeing attempts to login. Usually there is a whole lot of common user names being attempted. This could be a new botnet being tested out if the source IPs are genuine (not-being spoofed). Provided you are either using non-guessable passwords (or what you should be using is using SSH keys rather than passwords) then there is not much to worry about.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx