Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark for layer 2 ATM traffic?

From: "Boonie" <newsboonie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:07:59 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kok-Yong Tan" <ktan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm the OP.  The ADSL2 modem being used is a Broadxent 8012 G2.  The
ISP uses G.DMT encoding but while this is supposedly an alias for G.
992.1, Fritz!Box seems to split that into "G.992.1 Annex A" and "G.
992.1 Annex B" and nobody at the ISP can tell me which subversion
their G.DMT is. I would assume Annex A since Wikipedia seems to
indicate that "other countries besides Germany uses it and Germany
uses Annex B" but I really hate to "assume" anything.) Moreover, I
haven't found a US supplier yet (or even if Fritz!Box makes them for
the US market--I'm also concerned about power supply issues).
Anybody?  Bueller?  Bueller?

I think it is simple:
Annex A = analogue phone line
Annex B - ISDN line

In Germany, they have lots of ISDN. Here, in The Netherlands we have both but mainly analogue for consumers. The Fritz!box modems are sold in both types.

Dave