Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark for layer 2 ATM traffic?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:47:34 -0400
Boonie wrote:
The question is: How does the data capture work ?
 displays in Web Browser ?
 outputs on some port ?
 stores to a file ?
 ???

A quick search on the Web didn't find any user manuals for Fritz!Box
modems....

You start the capture via a buton on a hidden page. (http://fritz.box/html/capture.html). This in fact starts a download. You'll keep "downloading" the file until you use the GUI to stop. This ends the download. The output is a file which can be opened in our favorite tool, wireshark.

Depending on your choise, you can see the IP frames with or without the DLS frames. If one likes, I could send a small capture file or a screenshot of the capture page.

Dave

OK: Thanks for the info.

Looking back at the original EMail, the type of ADSL2 modem being used isn't specified so this info may or may not be applicable.