Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark for layer 2 ATM traffic?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:22:59 -0400
Boonie wrote:
2) some way to get the ADSL modem to put out copies of the ATM traffic on some port

or something such as that.

If you can find a solution to that problem for whatever particular ADSL modem you have, we can then see how that could be wired into, say, libpcap and Wireshark.

A Fritz!box DSL modem can do this. There is a web GUI on which you can select the interface you'd like to have the data captured from.

These modems are cheaper than the reboot box. They also can do wifi and VoIP.

The question is: How does the data capture work ?
 displays in Web Browser ?
 outputs on some port ?
 stores to a file ?
 ???

A quick search on the Web didn't find any user manuals for Fritz!Box modems....