Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to handle big files in wireshark

From: Ian Schorr <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:27:25 +1000
Yes, tshark generally requires much less memory, from need not to
build the packet list (which comprises a very significant portion of
the Wireshark memory usage) and some of the structures not maintainted
through multiple passes.  It's quite powerful, and I use it in many
cases specifically because of capture size.

-Ian