Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to handle big files in wireshark

From: "Bryan Hoyt | Brush Technology" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:51:15 +1200
Yeah, those are big files. I work with files of 100's of megabytes, so I know how slow it can be. But I can imagine 7 Gb files would be a show-stopper.

What sort of analysis are you wanting to do? Is it possible that a roll-your-own solution using libpcap to iterate through the file would do the trick? Or do you really need the interactive UI goodness of Wireshark?

 - Bryan

--
PS. Check out the Brush newsletter: Subscribe or read our previous newsletters

Bryan Hoyt, Web Development Manager  --  Brush Technology
Ph: +64 3 942 7833     Mobile: +64 21 238 7955
Web: brush.co.nz