Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture/Filter Squid Session

From: David Alanis <canito@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:24:31 -0500
Quoting David Alanis <canito@xxxxxxxx>:

Quoting Patrick Preuss <patrick.preuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello All,

i want to capture / filter traffic on the before a squid proxy server witch
is directed to a specific host.
Is it possible to capture this sessions only?

Cheers
Patrick

The default proxy port for Squid is 3128 I don't see why you can't
apply the following filter: tcp port.port 3128

However, if you want to see the whole conversation you many not want to
run with a filter.

If I understand your question correctly you want to run this from the
client or on the Squid proxy server?

Cheers-
David

Please accept my apologies.

My filter came out whacky. I meant to say tcp.port 3128.

Cheers-
David