Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to convert cap file with XCP header to libpcap compati

From: 锐 刘 <reallio@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 01:16:32 +0000
Hello,

Initially I think the incorrect parse is due to the cap file format, but after reading the code of wireshark, I got the reason.

The cap file is created by Tesgine (Huawei product), whose values of network and network_plus are 0x01 and 0x00 respectively. So as a result, Wireshark will recognise it as a WTAP_ENCAP_TOKEN_RING capture, but actually, the packets in the capture file are all ethernet messages.

I am not sure who comforms to the standard, Tesgine or Wireshark. But for a workaround, please change 0x01 to 0x00 at the offset of 0x2c in the cap file.

Ray