Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] autoscroll stops automagically --- bug?

From: "Boonie" <newsboonie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 18:52:20 +0200
(retry, first mail seems lost)

Hi,

I've seen on several systems that autoscroll turns itself off after some
time. Mostly within a minute. I've found one bug which talks about first
selecting a line in the packet list. But I did not do that.

Tryed some portable versions
1.2.0 is good
1.3.0 is good
1.3.1 is good
1.3.2 is good

1.3.3 can reproduce it (svn 31863)
1.3.5 can reproduce it.
1.4.0rc1 can reproduce it.

This is ONLY reproducable when using a display filter and sending traffic
that should not be displayed. How to reproduce:
1) Make sure you are generating data by listening to online radio or
something so that packets are scrolling in wireshark
2) Apply a display filter. For example: not ip.addr == 4.2.2.6
3) Generate some traffic. For example ping to 4.2.2.6. Use the -t option in
windows for continuous ping and not stop after 4.

Scrolling will stop within a minute. Not at the first packet.

Is this known? Should I create a new bugreport? If so, could you advise on
titel and priority?

Thanks,

Dave