Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Adding DSCP column in Wireshark 1.4.0rc1

From: "Keith French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 13:15:04 +0100
Hi Stig,

No "ip.dsfield" gives the decimal for the whole octet, whereas the DSCP is made up of the 6 most significant bits.

For example a packet that has it's DSCP set to decimal 46 is:-

101110

The ECN bits are not normally used, so the complete octet becomes:-

10111000

which is decimal 184.

The value though of the "ip.dsfield" gives it's output in decimal, whereas "ip.dsfield.dscp" expresses the DSCP in hex, not decimal.

Keith French.