Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] : Idea for corrupted packet decoding

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:37:55 +0200
Hi,
Look into text2pcap...
/Anders

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Putrycy
Sent: den 29 juni 2010 12:27
To: wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-users] : Idea for corrupted packet decoding

Hi everyone,

 I am developing piece of software, related to TCPIP stack. I have a weird problems, and no idea for how to diagnose em. Problem is : packets are getting malformed. Seeing em in wireshark helps a lot. Packets seem to be trimmed at the beginning and moved left (Ethernet II -> MACs) at exactly 2 bytes.
Id like to make sure, they're not malformed in any other way. My idea would be to add those missing two bytes by hand, and then try to "decode" packet that was prepared like that. Problem is im not sure how to make it. Id be very grateful for any help:

Here's an example:

correct destination mac: a:b:c:d:e:f
correct source mac: o:p:q:r:s:t

These are malformed like: