Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Https problem

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:41:39 +1000
You might need to be a little clearer in your problem description. Are you saying the "login page does appear" or did you really mean does *not* appear?

If you are getting RST packets when your browser is trying to connect a new TCP session (this might be happening when your browser is being redirected by the first HTTP/HTTPS session) then it is likely this second site is being blocked by  firewall or some other similar device enforcing policy, possibly based on your IP address.

Lost segments are also an issue - they can occur because of congestion or even something like packets being sent with a too large MTU, and being dropped along the path back to you.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx