Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Need filters

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:16:51 -0700
On Jun 23, 2010, at 2:53 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:

> Command Line switches are not a god idea as this is only the beginning of filtering out
> process.

If he uses a command to capture traffic, and you don't want the "Microsoft noise" in the capture file, command line switches are the *ONLY* idea.

> Does TShark interpret a disk file with these directives ?

To what directives are you referring?

If you want to capture without filtering out the "Microsoft noise", so the noise, as well as the other traffic which you *are* interested in seeing, is in the capture file, and filter it out later, when you look at the capture file, you can use the filter "!nbns" as a read filter in TShark or a display filter in Wireshark.