Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Adding DSCP column in Wireshark 1.4.0rc1

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:58:15 -0700
On Jun 23, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Keith French wrote:

> I want to add a column for DSCP, but in V1.4.0rc1, when I right click on the DSCP field and select "Apply as column", it uses the filter ip.dsfield.dscp. However, this displays the verbose DSCP value e.g.  "Differentiated Services Codepoint: Expedited Forwarding (0x2e)".

Presumably you mean it displays "Expedited Forwarding" in the "Differentiated Services Codepoint"; it's not displaying "Differentiated Services Codepoint: Default (0x00)" in that column when I try it with the 1.4.0rc1 I just downloaded, it's just displaying "Default".

> Is there a way to force the column to display just the decimal value (46) of this field? I am sure that in 1.2.8 this filter used as a column did display just the decimal value.

It's doing the same thing in the 1.2.9 that I just downloaded - it's displaying "Default", not the numerical value.