Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:45:36 -0700
On Jun 22, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Guilherme wrote:

> I installed the last version of Linux Ubuntu (10.04LTS), I also installed the free software (Wireshark, version 1.2.7) and, only after the software was already installed I discovered that this software needs one kind of complement to work as I need. All this can be seen as the software shows in the following words:

...which are out-of-date.

Newer versions of libpcap do support Bluetooth capture on Linux.  However, that requires that libpcap be configured and built on a system with the appropriate Bluetooth headers, and I don't know which Linux distributions build libpcap in that fashion, so you might have to install the appropriate dpkgs and build libpcap from source.