Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Tshark - Value to large for defined data type

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:41:23 -0700
Hi,

Either script feeding the files to tshark and aggregate the results, or go with CACE Pilot for instance.

Thanks,
Jaap

Send from my iPhone

On 17 jun 2010, at 10:20, mark-wade@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to use Tshark to read about 19,000 15MB files to get some network statistics.  My plan (since Tshark can't read files out of a directory) is to use mergecap to break the large number of files into larger files.  Basically I merged 1000, 15MB into one large file and had about 20 of these.  I know that Mergecap cant handle large files without a workaround, which I have.  Problem is now that I have these 19 files that range from 3GB to 15GB and now when I run # tshark -r pcapfile -q -z io, phs  I get the error, The file pcapfile could not be opened: Value to large for defined data type.

Anythoughts?

Thanks,