Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Secured way of using Wireshark

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:23:13 -0400
I guess you are unaware that many companies (such as the one I work for) have a policy in place on their mail servers whereby the various notices, disclaimers, etc. are automatically appended to any outgoing mail.  My company has been doing this at least as far back as 2004 (http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200407/msg00427.html).  At the time, I even contacted our IT group to ask that the disclaimers be removed from outgoing e-mails, particularly when they are being sent to open-source mailing lists such as this one.  But as you can tell by the annoying disclaimer that will inevitably be appended to this e-mail, I was unsuccessful.  As stupid as they are, these disclaimers are not likely to go away IMO.  In fact, I suspect they will only become more & more prevalent as more & more lawyers mandate that their companies "CYA".

- Chris