Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problems when capturing data with dumpcap

From: "Oendogan, Osman" <osman.oendogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:46:00 +0200
Hi,

when capturing data via dumpcap, we encountered problems with packet dropping. The captured data is written on a named pipe (Solaris 10) from where it is read by our application for further proceeding. We see that when we do something with the data (within the same process where reading from pipe is done), we get the message dropped packages (approx. 10% of the captured packets).

Can anyone give us any hints regarding the dropped packages when capturing data with dumpcap?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

----
Osman Öndoğan

Siemens AG Österreich
Siemens IT Solutions and Services
SDE SVI OSS SAC

Gudrunstrasse 11
A-1100 Vienna, Austria
Phone +43-51707-45773,
Mobile +43-664-80117-45773,
Fax    +43-51707-55712
mailto:osman.oendogan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Company Name: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Legal Form: Stock Corporation
Company Seat: Vienna
Register Number: FN 60562 m
Registered at: Commercial Court Vienna
DVR-Number: 0001708

Important Note: This e-mail  may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.