Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] WLAN capture in Mac OSX - no IP packets

From: Alexandre Takacs <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:45:31 +0200
Folks

Relatively new to wireshark - please bear with me if I am missing something obvious.

I'd like to do packet capture on my WiFi network (which I have joined). I am only interested in data packets (specifically traffic form my iPhone).

I've installed WireShark and managed to have capture running in promiscuous mode. However I only see UDP packets from other devices, no IP...

Wha'ts up ?!

Any help / pointer most welcome

Regards

alex