Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Is Wireshark what I'm looking for?

From: James Arthurs <sgt1190@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:53:55 -0500
I've installed Wireshark, had it capturing packets, looked through the packets, and not finding what I'm looking for.

I have it setup on a standalone server running a product using Oracle.  I have the client installed on the same system.  I want to log the activity that occurs between those and other locally ran processes.  What I'm finding in the capture is all communication in/out of the system, but nothing I can tell is internal to the system itself.

I'm essentially wanting something like CurrPorts or TCPView, but seeing the actual packets that are being passed between processes.

am I in the right place?