Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.4.0rc1 MIB paths & modules

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:24:08 -0400
Keith French wrote:
I am trying out the new Wireshark 1.4.0rc1 release candidate. In the Preferences under Name Resolution, the SNMP MIB paths & modules options seem to be missing. Have they been relocated or is this function no longer supported?

Keith French.

It looks like you have to set the "Enable OID Resolution" checkbox (Edit ! Preferences ! Name Resolution) and then restart Wireshark before these preferences show up.

In my system I then get an error popup about

Stopped processing module SNMPv2-SMI due to error(s) to prevent potential crash in libsmi.
Module's conformance level: 1.
See details at: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560325