Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Ideas for 10G capture platform?

From: Tamás Varga <Tamas.Varga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:10:32 +0200
Hi Joerg,

We have good experience with the dual port "Intel® 10 Gigabit XF SR Server Adapters", aggregated 10Gbps (uplink+downlink) traffic can be captured with marginal capture loss. But never think to write all traffic to disk. Use BPF filter to select a little portion of the traffic that fits your disk I/O capacity (a good SATA-II disk has this bottleneck around 6-700 Mbps).

cheers,
 Tamas