Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Mate: Getting Started

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:03:04 +0200
Hi,

Was MATE selected during installation?
Can you find the mate plugin in the about box?

Thanks,
Jaap

On 06/07/2010 10:43 PM, Rohit Mediratta wrote:
Hi All,
I cannot find the dialog where I configure the <protocol>.mate file. As
per the Mate's "Getting Started" page there should be a "(Edit->)*
Preferences->mate" dialog. However, I do not see such an option with
wireshark 1.2.8.

Things I have already tried:
1. I've searched a lot of menus on the UI, but have not been able to
locate the correct dialog.
2. I Grep'ed the gtk directory for "mate" to see if I can trace the dialogs.
3. I ensured that I enabled "Mate" during the install, and it is listed
in "About->Plugin" as well.

I must be overlooking something basic, so any pointers to use the sample
tcp.mate as listed on the "Getting stated" page will be useful.
2. Is there a default directory which is used to source *.mate files?

thanks,
Rohit