Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Understanding Source and Destination

From: Linnea Wren <lwren@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:49:21 -0700
Hi Martin,

Hope this isn't too simple of an answer, but are you using display (or capture) filters?

If you're using a display filter to restrict what you see to your own machine, you want

ip.addr = x.x.x.x

Before I learned that, I was using ip.src & ip.dst, which would result in the situation you describe...

I don't use capture filters much, so don't know the equivalent options in capture filter syntax.

Linnea Wren
Sr. Network Coordinator
Peralta Community College District