Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Understanding Source and Destination

From: "Gillett, Martin" <Martin.Gillett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:06:32 -0400
I must have made a simple mistake or am misunderstanding something.

I did a capture from a computer on a typical TCP/IP switched Network.

When I look at the data, several computers on the network appear, but they either have packets leaving them or packets arriving at them, but not one computer, including the one I ran the capture on, show packets leaving and arriving from/to them ?

Is there something in my capture preferences that would cause that ? I don't think I have any filters set. Or am I misunderstanding TCP ?

Martin