Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capturing ATM/IMA traffic on Wireshark

From: Rayne <hjazz6@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Is it possible to capture ATM/IMA traffic on Wireshark? Say I have an IMA emulator that generates IMA traffic across 4 E1 links, it is possible to connect the emulator to a switch, then to a server and use Wireshark to capture the traffic?

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but since the traffic comes from an emulator, can I assume that the traffic is already in the ATM (i.e. 53-byte cells) format, instead of being "encapsulated" in, say, the SDH frame structure?

Lastly, I would appreciate if anyone can recommend any good IMA emulators. I've found Spirent AX4000, which seems to be good enough, but I'm wondering if there a

Thank you.

Regards,
Weidong