Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Filtering pppoe packets

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:04:51 +0200
Hi all,
Having a dial-up adsl connection in my PC and streaming UDP packets to a
remote PC on a certain port, I can capture directly on this connection and
also on the Ethernet card which is connected to the modem that supports it.
The packets are similar apart from the pppoe capsulation that is introduced
in the Ethernet card.

Problem is that while I can filter using UDP or port on the ppp connection I
get no packet if I filter the Ethernet connection. However watching the
history packets without any filtering, I can definitely see the UDP and the
port as expected.

Can some refer to that please?

Regards

Izack