Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Req: Information regarding wireshark file logging

From: Douglas Ross <doug_ross_59@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:54:13 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to discuss a point about "temporary" files.

In my experience (Windows), ethereal/wireshark creates files in the location specified by the user (if not stdout).
So they are "permanent".

However, they may be overwritten if the "ring buffer" specifications allow.

Or have I missed something we should all be aware of ?

Doug