Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] wireshark 1.0.13 stable problem [linux]

From: ladybug <hhry2do@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 17:00:51 +0200
hi all,
    I'm new of this mailing list. I have a little problem with old
stable wireshark. My user has not a super user, as in Debian as in
other distribution, I use this for added security of my computer.

The problem is:

a) in old version there is a function named "Wireshark as root", this
permit me to use wireshark from my user using root password, now this
is impossible.

b) if I try to use wireshark run it from a root terminal, wireshark
start regularly, but when I stop it I must close and open again the
terminal to start again wireshark, it's difficult above of all I need
stop and start wireshark much times in my work section.

c) If I try to use a different distribution from Debian, Ubuntu for
example with a super user, the problem a and b remain and I can't run
correctly wireshark neither with a super user.

Any one can help me to understarnd better why there is this problem
and as is it possible use correctly the new version of wireshark,
please?

I try to view the hisoric list and the faq but I don't find nothing
that can help me.

--
"the future is now here, but we live yet in the past"
rashna