Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] squares

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:15:35 -0400
J�nos L�bb wrote:
On May 25, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

J�nos L�bb wrote:
On May 25, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

J�nos L�bb wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded the 1.3.t Development Release dmg, but when I launch it, all text is replaced with squares.   I looked the FAQs but see nothing there.  My machine is an Intel Mac with 4 GB memory the OS is OS X 10.6.3.  I did not have this problem with 1.2.6 or with 1.2.8.

Any good hint ?
What SVN version did you pick up? According to bug 4697 (which had the same complaint) this should be fixed in revisions 32751 or later.
I used the dmg from the Downloads section from www.wireshark.org.  It is 1.3.5.  Sorry for the mistype above.
The fix for that bug just missed 1.3.5 . You'll need to either use an buildbot build:

http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/

or manually apply the fix from bug 4697 (basically: edit $HOME/.wireshark-etc/pangorc and remove the quotes from the ModuleFiles and AliasFiles lines).

There are no quotes there:

<nyissz>
[Pango]
ModuleFiles=${HOME}/.wireshark-etc/pango.modules
[PangoX]
AliasFiles=${HOME}/.wireshark-etc/pangox.aliases
<nyassz>

I also checked inside the application, the Contents/Resources/etc/pango/pangorc file and there are no quotes there either.  The same as this snippet above.

Anything else ?

Thanks ahead,

J�nos
P.S.  Here are the cat version of the three pango.. files from $HOME/.wireshark-etc

bml0028:.wireshark-etc janos$ cat pangorc
[Pango]
ModuleFiles=${HOME}/.wireshark-etc/pango.modules
[PangoX]
AliasFiles=${HOME}/.wireshark-etc/pangox.aliases

Oh, you probably need to change "${HOME}" to whatever your home directory is (probably "/Users/yourname/")--without the quotes, of course.