Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem with permissions in ChmodBPF

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:17:03 -0700
On May 24, 2010, at 10:30 AM, Robert D. wrote:

> Then I gave admin permissions to all of the startup items

They need to be owned by root, as do the containing directories.  Make sure that /Library/StartupItems is owned by root:wheel, as well as the /Library/StartupItems/ChmodBPF directory and the /Library/StartupItems/ChmodBPF/ChmodBPF and /Library/StartupItems/ChmodBPF/StartupParameters.plist files in that directory.