Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problem with permissions in ChmodBPF

From: "Robert D." <210525p42015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:30:31 -0400
I looked thru the archives, say a few threads on this and thought I
followed the ideas. Guess I didn't do it correctly.

Mac OS/X Snow Leopard for an O/S. Downloaded a Wireshark from the site
today, installed it on my computer, I am an admin ... when I start the
computer (re-start) I get this error:

---------------------------error----------------------------
"/Library/StartupItems/ChmodBPF� has not been started because it does
not have the proper security settings.

and we know that has something to do with the ChmodBPF folder and contents.

So I logged in as "Root" and installed wireshark again.
Then I gave admin permissions to all of the startup items

still when Root or my own login persona runs, the nasty-gram issues forth

Can some kind sole with a Msc walk me thru setting up the startup items
so that when I run Wireshark I don't get the dreaded no permissions in
/dev and bpf* or whatever that is which always appears when ChmodBPF
didn't execute at startup .

thanks