Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Multiple Monitors/Sniffs of the same source

From: Kevin Cullimore <kcullimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:10:26 -0400
On 5/21/2010 11:57 AM, Guy Goodenough wrote:
I've read a few threads on the list here talking about portable network taps, how to wire them and so on. However I haven't read anything or found much information on the web about having the source traffic from a SPAN'd/Monitored port to multiple destinations.

I have a NTOP/Snort installation on one machine and a Websense installation on another. They both need to log/see the same traffic. Is there a device or a way to have several targets monitor a single source?

If you choose your intermediate-system (switch, basically) vendor carefully, you should be able to specify a destination vlan.
Thanks,

GG