Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing for multicast traffic

From: Ronald Nutter <rnutter@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:08:32 -0500

I am getting ready to make a change to the network at my company and need to verify what traffic is going over multicast.

I have been able to see existing multicast traffic by using a capture filter net 224.0.0.0/4.  How can I see any multicast traffic that

Is on the network and isn’t using the normal multicast range ?  Havent worked with multicast much, so just trying to be on the careful side.

Ron

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed.

If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.