Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] FW: Using the epan independently

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 19:08:00 +0200
Hi,

Indeed it's possible to isolate libwireshark and provide your own interface.
Tshark and Wireshark are only two possible implementations of that concept, providing a user interface and capture options. There will be no active support for this type of use though.
Please note that the GPL does apply, thus adding conditions on distribution.

Thanks,
Jaap