Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] XML Dissector complaints with "ERROR: Unrecognized text"

From: Alexandre Vieira <nullpt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:22:06 +0100
Hi all,

I'm running tshark 1.0.8 on Solaris 10 SPARC. I'm trying to build a packet capture logging solution for an application which our supplier is asking for a 5 digit sum to implement directly on the application.

The traffic I'm trying to capture is XML over HTTP but unfortunately the XML tags contain numbers, which I guess is freaking out tshark xml dissector.

Anyone knows of a workaround for this issue?

/usr/local/bin/tshark -d tcp.port==7080,http -r /tmp/ai_jasus.cap -V
(...)
eXtensible Markup Language
    <?xml
        version="1.0"
        encoding="UTF-8"
        ?>
        <params>
        [ ERROR: Unrecognized text ]

The next thing on the XML is: <dateTime.iso8601>

Thanks in advance

BR
AV

--