Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] One NIC on public side

Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 18:43:17 -0500
> The other option is to attach the hub to the span port and attach the
> monitor devices from there. You allready have the equipment for that.

That was the very first thing I tried but for some reason, could not monitor from all ports on the hub. Could have been a hub or port issue but I didn't have time to mess with it which is why I ended up using a hub for now.

> This does not interfere with the normal trafic and if your monitoring PC is
> not sending and data (reverse dns queries?) there should also be no
> collisions.

I think you are right, I should get that switch working instead, that would make more sense.